Thursday, March 28, 2019

Easter Stocking

Why not have an Easter Stocking! 
Christmas doesn't have to be the only holiday that stockings are used.

My daughter who is late 20 something still enjoys getting an Easter Basket for Easter AND since she's my only child I still enjoy putting one together for her. But now since we are many states away from each other the basket needs to be mailed! I was contemplating the cost of mailing and thinking I can just send her a gift card to the local grocery store and she can buy the candy, use a previous basket and put it together herself....

I didn't contemplate long....
Where's the fun in that for either of us!

My mind got to churning and my creative juices got to flowing and I came up with an Easter Stocking that I could fill with candy. The stocking can be packed efficiently in a smaller box equating to less postage spent. And she will have an Easter Stocking that she can hang each year or use as seasonal decorations in her home or for her door.

I found two clip art graphics that I liked but disliked. So I took elements of both and created a pattern that I really liked. I cut the stocking out based on my pattern and with a few tweaking's I was satisfied with my final result. It was fun, I felt creative and I'm sure my daughter will love it.

I went from this....



To this....





The machine embroidered face and arms were quickly done. 
It took more time than I wanted fraying the canvas fabric for the ears and feet so when I made the last one (I made 3), I used my fringe foot which I liked much better. 

The extras are for sale at my Etsy shop, 



Hope you are getting ready for your own Easter celebrations!

Happy Quilting
Happy Sewing






4 comments:

  1. It's sew cute! I love it and love your creativity. It's a great idea! I know your daughter will love it too and feel special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Brittani will enjoy it and the candy too!

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.