Sunday, November 25, 2018

Mariner’s Compass

I gifted this quilt in late October to my sister-in-law Carolyn’s husband, Monty. Several years ago Monty and I discussed a Mariner’s Compass quilt for him and this summer I finally made that happen!

I started creating and drawing out the pattern in the Spring, gathered fabric and finally completed the quilt this fall. It became my summer sewing project. The fabrics used were Batiks and Stonehenge,  my two most favorite fabrics. The compass was paper pieced and the entire quilt was pieced on my 1952  Singer 301. It was quilted on my longarm using a wave pattern.

I’m thrilled it’s finally out of my head, off my machine, and in their possession. Making this quilt from draft to quilting was a challenge that I welcomed. Will I do it again...probably not!!

Love you Monty!



Quilt On!
Live On!

2 comments:

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.