Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Here's a Peek at My Week

April 23rd - April 30th

Welcome Spring! 

The pecan trees are leafing out in Oklahoma and that means no more freezing weather!  The tulips are blooming at our home in Pennsylvania (where my husband works) and the Azaleas are blooming at our forever home in Oklahoma.








Mom and I planted tomatoes, cucumbers and squash in our storage container garden. The plants receive water from the bottom using PVC pipes and a reservoir system.


I've been wanting to raise bees for several years now and in February I ordered all the needed supplies and the Bees. My bees arrived this week! I was so excited! It reminded me of the excitement I had as a young child at Christmas time. The Bee introduction to the hive went well and I'm anxious to look inside to see if the Queen has been released from her cage. I'm impatiently waiting until tomorrow afternoon to accomplish this task!








The Bees in their shipping package






















The chickens are enjoying the Spring weather and I'm enjoying their increased egg production. Roscoe the Rooster is a new addition to the flock (adopted from a neighbor this winter).  He does a good job of protecting the girls but is a bit aggressive toward humans. I do my chores with my Rooster stick in hand for protection. I have to say though our relationship is getting better but we still are in the adjustment phase.  I'm trying to figure out if Roscoe is jealous of me or I'm jealous of him since the girls have been solely dependent on me for their needs since their chick days. 







I've been playing with the Free Trial version of Wilcom Hatch Embroidery Digitizing Program and I'm really loving it!  I've waited, did my research and have pretty much decided I'm going to purchase the program. It's user friendly and not as expensive as some of the other brands on the market.
  





I digitized these owls from a picture of the above fabric panel. It was my first real attempt with the program after watching the awesome tutorials. 
 I know I need more practice but it sure was dog-gone easy to do. 




This I'm going to make...soon. The guild I attend is doing monthly door banners. Members meet before guild and we receive the instructions and pattern for the monthly banner and have a show and tell of banners for the previous month. The banners are designed by one of our talented guild members. I'm looking forward to this banner hanging on my door.












This was on the sewing machine this week. A friend asked me to quilt, bind and embroider a label for a baby quilt. Cute quilt in Orange and Black....OSU colors.  



Hope your week brings happiness and peace.

Happy Sewing! Happy Living!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely spring pictures. Nice additions to your little farm - Roscoe and the bees are working sow hard to be including.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by your embroidery crafts...these are looking so great...I would love to have these kind of designs for my child's room.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.