Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goodbye 2013...

.....Hello 2014

I wanted to start the new year with a tidy space, so I spent December 30th and 31st organizing, straightening and rearranging my space which I actually accomplished in those two days!  I truly believe that a tidy space makes for a tidy (and more productive and creative) mind.

 
This old billiards table serves as my cutting station. It's the perfect size and height and I refuse to get rid of it as my DH often times suggest. I store pencils, fabric markers, scissors and rotary cutter in the ball pockets. I just added the white drawers for rules and embroidery stabilizers. Before, the rulers were just stacked on top of each other in a complete mess. This month I plan to make a table skirt for the table to hide the scrap bins I have under the table ledge. Not sure about the fabric yet, but it will be happy.

 
You couldn't even get to this area without having to move ironing board and other stuff. I'm wanting to put shelves up on the wall.  Can't have an empty unused space just hanging around.
 
 
And I put a quilt on the longarm to begin the New Year!
 
How is your space looking?
 
Stay tuned for more posts on Christmas gifts I made. Couldn't post anything for fear of ruining the surprise for the recipients.
 
Happy Quilting! Happy Living!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your organized space looks great! Looking forward to seeing what creativity comes out of it! I love the quilt you loaded on the long arm! My space is looking much better and I'm ready to crank out quilted/sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning up and making a tidy space is a great idea to start the new year off right. I love how you utilize your pool table for your sewing needs. I'd love to see a picture of that once it's completed! Love, Sister Rhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB! Love your space...so much going on in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice - you have a great space for a sewing studio! A skirt will hide your happy scraps very nicely! And I see that is at the top of your to-do list!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.