Friday, March 3, 2017

Growing Up QAL - February

My February block of the Growing Up QAL is completed. A traditional pieced block using Batik fabric. I just love the colors and designs of Batik fabric!

I'm not a fan of HST but most traditional blocks have them. Like Alida, I cut my fabric pieces larger then after sewing them up I cut the HST down to the size I need.

There was a bonus block included with the instructions and I hope to finish that one this afternoon...lots of HST (like 20) in that block!

Thanks for an awesome block Alida and I'm looking forward to receiving the instructions for the March project.


See you next time.

Quilt On!
Live On!

3 comments:

  1. this block is lovely; I am not a fan of HST's either--nor, in fact, any triangle shapes...give me squares any day.*))) BUT, you did a super job on this one--the colors are lovely together...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sew pretty! I love batiks too! I like HST's, I'll make some for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.