Sunday, April 28, 2013

Determined Little Squirrel and Another Quilt Loaded on Longarm

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Happy Sunday to All



This morning I snapped a pic of this determined little squirrel. The bird feeder is suppose to be squirrel resistant and for the most part it is. S/he jumped on it and fell off at least three times before finally succeeding. I guess s/he deserves the seed reward. Poor thing was hanging on with it's back toes!






I definitely can't eat while hanging upside down.




Ah...a much better position to be in to eat! And a much earned reward. I'm glad I don't have to work this hard for my daily meal!


I think I'll buy some squirrel food the next time I'm out. I'm sure the birds will appreciate it!


My Kaleidoscope quilt (K quilt) is loaded on my longarm. I hope to have it finished so that I can show it at Strip Club next weekend (We show whatever project is finished, not just 2.5 inch strip quilts). The quilt patterns come from Cozy Quilt. They have some really nice patterns all made from Jelly Rolls. Click here to see some fantastic projects that were shown at last month's club.

This is a King size quilt even though the pic seems to be deceiving. It has 49 different kaleidoscopes blocks. 

I picked these two fabrics for my borders. The quilt measures 103 x 103.


Thanks for visiting. Hope you all have a very pleasant week ahead.

Happy Living! Happy Quilting!


4 comments:

  1. I too, fight squirrels constantly on the feeders. Nothing is truly squirrel resistant!

    But, that said, I have no squirrels on any of my feeders.

    I mix a sprayer of 50/50 white vinegar and water and add a couple of dsshes of Louisiana Hot Sauce. And a couple of drops of dish liquid to break the surface tension of the liquids.

    Birds love it, they eat chili seeds and flakes all the time, doesn't harm them at all. The squirrels stay away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a problem with squirrels. Our dog thinks they are wonderful toys, so they don't like to visit our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW: what a huge quilt--and it is just lovely!! I don't have a Longarm Quilter so, it'd take me for-ever to do that! Can't wait to see the finished quilt...good luck Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic's of the squirrel hanging by his/her toes! The K quilt looks awesome! You made great progress on it when you went to the retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.