Sunday, December 23, 2012

Travel Sewing Pouch

Merry Christmas to all!. 

I'm sure you all have been as busy as I have in getting your Christmas sewing projects completed. It has been a wild and busy month. Why can't I start on my projects in January and not be so stressed out during this joyful time of year. Who else does that?

My niece requested a travel sewing pouch for Christmas and I came up with this. I sewed it together on my serger and used my embroidery machine to make the pretty front pocket and back design. It was a fun and quick project.


The pouch was too small to hold a pin cushion so I stuffed batting between the outside canvas and the lining and made a pin cushion next to the outside pocket.


My niece likes blue and I found this pretty blue and brown fabric in my stash for the lining.

And the back... I love this jacobean design and have been wanting to use it on something. It is an Anita Goodesign from their Jacobean collection.



Here are the items I bought to put into the pouch. It's more then what can fit but I figured she could pick and choose from these items and it would give her a good start. 


I collect chicken figurines and some roost on my mantle. I was voicing to my husband that I was not looking forward to removing all my chickens and finding a temporary place for them so that I could put out my mantle Christmas decorations. He came up with the idea for me to make Christmas hats for the chickens and at the end of the season all I needed to do was take the hats off the chickens and store them for next year.  How ingenious is that? I then went around the house looking for other items that could use hats...but that will have to be a project for next Christmas that I guess I need to start in January. 


I hope everyone has a Joyful and Merry Christmas and treasure this special time spent with loved ones. 

Thanks for visiting.

Happy Quilting! Happy Living!

3 comments:

  1. Chicken hats!!!!! That is hysterical!!!!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sewing pouch! The pin cushion made into the side is genius!! The embroidery is fantastic!! The Santa chicken hats are hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the travel kit!!! I love it and can't wait to use it on a trip! You're the best :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.