Sunday, March 6, 2016

Tissue Box Cover

This is the cutest thing! A friend of my mother's made it years ago....like 30 or so years ago (when blue and mauve were popular...and that's been quite a while). My sister had it displayed at her house and it brought a huge smile to my face.







I wanted to re-create this little sofa tissue box holder so I thoroughly examined it, deconstructed it in my head, took several measurements with the tape measure and snapped several photos at different angles.

When I returned home I couldn't wait to get started on creating a sofa for myself. I dug through my scrap box, found fabric and began to work on re-creating the pattern. This is the prototype I came up with.....








I can see this with faux leather fabric and some really cool pillows embellished with buttons and lace...leather and lace always looks good together. 

Have a great evening. Thanks for stopping by!

Live On!
Quilt On!







2 comments:

  1. It's adorable! I love your version! Yes, those are great detail ideas with embellished pillows and the other things you mentioned! I'm thinking sister gifts for Christmas this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew Cool! Your prototype came out great. You have good eyes for re-creating. They don't actually look like a tissue box cover when you first look at the close-up picture - until you realize it is a "miniature" sofa and then it comes into focus. HaHa!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.