Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Quilt retreat coming up

I signed up for Saturday's quilt retreat at my LQS. I went in July and we had such a blast. Sewed, laughed, ate, laughed, sewed, ate, laugh, ate, sewed...from 9am to 9pm. Check it out on my LQS blog. There are also pictures of my Honeyberries quilt that I serged using deco thread and a picture of my gold and silver serged table topper. I even made the tassels on my serger! The site has some great pics. I'm looking forward to this Saturday. I'm back in school trying to earn my Master's of Science in Nursing...and working full time. Just finished up with a course and I have a week and a half off before starting again....I NEED TO TO SEW!

My new sewing technique and personal goal is to become a serger diva. My last few projects, I've done on the serger...I even did mitered corners on a border...I held my breath and let the machine do the sewing an cutting...it's the best mitered border corner I've ever done! (Done on the gold and silver table topper). I embroidered a pretty gold ornament on the center block.

Everyone...please a have great evening and rest of the week. Thanks for visiting.

Happy Quilting, Happy Living!.....DeAnna

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting on my blog. I enjoyed the pic's from your LQS. Your table topper fabric is gorgeous! Tell Jenn and Barb I said hello. I'm glad you're getting some time off from your studies. I hope you can relax and finish a sewing project or will you be starting something new! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.