Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shop Hop Day 3


I'm done. It took me 3 days, but I was able to visit all 11 stores and now I'm ready to relax just like Pooh Bear. That shop's theme was As American as......"a picnic". I logged 425 miles in the car and the weather was great. Sunday, today is the last day for Shop Hop Hoppers and it's rained all day. I'm glad I did it when I did.

These are the items I bought on my 3rd day. The set of UGA fabrics are for the tote pattern for my daugther. The Gone w/Wind fabric panel is for a tote for daughter's dorm-mate who just loves the movie. Haven't figured out how I'm going to use it yet, but I'm sure it will come together just fine. I also bought some of that Best Press starch. I hear it's all the rage among quilters so I'm going to give it a try and see how long a bottle will last me.


Here are the day's freebies. I have collected 55 nickel squares. That's something that can be added to my stash for future use. I'll have to get out my nickel quilt pattern book.


These are the charms from Day 1 and 2. We have here As American As.....Mark Twain (frog), a picnic, the family dog, movie and popcorn, folk art and best friends. Also is the 2010 Shop Hop charm.


Here are some of the quilts from day 3. I've really seen a lot of great quilts which have given me inspiration.



This store's shop hop theme was "a movie and popcorn" and they had some great movie inspired quilts.


Versions of the shop hop quilt.



Another year done and lots to add to my stash and project list and UFOs and missed deadlines......life goes on.
AND life is great.....even with the rain.
Thanks for visiting. Happy Living! Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like you enjoyed yourself , I love those charms and the rest of your goodies .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those charms and those quilts are beautiful. You got yourself quite a nice stash of loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Shop Hop! Those charms are so unique. We haven't had a shop hop here for about 4 years cause the store that was organizing it closed down and no other store wants to take charge unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun - I love a good shop hop! You made me feel like I was there too! I have worked a shop hop but never did the actual shop hopping - it looks like so much fun! I have used Lazy Girl patterns before - you will like how they turn out. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.