Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gotta Go Sew....Gotta Go Sew

UFOs are taking over my world! I just need to quit buying or start sewing faster. Neither of which I seem to do very well! I did not think that I was a perfectionist, but maybe I am just a little. I've taken off work (paying job) until March 24th.....a much needed time away. Maybe I can get some projects started and completed or should I reverse that and say "completed and started" or better yet "completed and completed".

Atlanta Quilt Shop Hop is Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday which I am looking forward to immensely! It generally takes me about 3 days to complete at a leisurely pace. My goal this year is to buy from the older but yet still stylish section of fabric....in other words...the clearance section..... which would help me to meet my yearly goal of being more frugal with my fabric buying.

Currently I am working on a quilt for my hubby's B-day...March 17th...It's a Log cabin quilt design called White Chocolate designed by my friend and quilt teacher Pat Wys...... http://silverthimblequilt.com/

I love the browns...it gives it such a rich color....and it looks more like a manly-man quilt. I better get finished sewing on it. I only have a few more days.
















I also attended a quilt show in Macon on Friday.....Heart of Georgia Quilt guild. Really had some awesome quilts, which I will post pics of soon enough. (I'm still getting use to this new computer).I feel so inadequate now as a quilter though....at least it gives me something to strive for.

Have a great day


1 comment:

  1. Love the colors & design! I know hubby will enjoy & appreciate it! ..your sis - g

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.